Hi! I’m Andrea. (It’s pronounced Ann-dree-uh in case you were wondering.)
Allow me to introduce myself.
I’m a thirty-something, tech support manager, recent Masters graduate, pet owner, and home owner just trying to make it all work. I want it all and then some, and I hope you’ll join me on my journey as I share what I learn along the way.
Why I’m Here
I love discovering new ways to use technology to help me do more, better and with less effort so that I can focus on the important things in life and experience everything the people and world around me have to offer. Sharing what I learn is just one small way I can contribute to the world.
Technology should make life easier, not more complicated.
What I Do
During the day, you’ll find me trying to wrangle the chaotic world of managing a university help desk. I split the rest of my time between finding ways to automate the mundane aspects of life, fixing up the condo I purchased in 2014, reading, working out, browsing YouTube, playing my Nintendo Switch, or visiting one of the many local breweries in the area.
5 Entirely Random Facts about Me
- I’m an only child, but my best friend might as well be my sister. We met in the first grade, went to the same high school, and graduated college together. I’ve known her for over 80% of my life.
- I have three cats, a very old man named Abu, and two spicy brothers named Kai and Pepper (Yes, Abu is named after the monkey in Aladdin, and yes, if you say the others names quickly, you’ll realize I like puns).
- I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I majored in Psychology in college and ended up with a job in IT, stumbled upon a Masters program that combined both, and somehow it seems like I ended up in exactly the right place.
- I once made it my goal to try every drink at Starbucks, but I stopped 4 drinks in after discovering the Iced Caramel Machiatto, which is pretty much all I order now. You should try one if you haven’t yet. They’re fantastic.
- I had 7 wisdom teeth, which should mean I’m a genius. Instead, it made me a dental anomaly.
Connect With Me
You can find me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. If reading’s your thing, find out what I’m reading on Pocket and Goodreads. I’m also on Spotify, and of course, email works too.
8 thoughts on “About”
Lovely, I feel like we are almost alike except for the cats n dogs I never had any
Good luck in your life
Thanks for stopping by Norah!
Hi, liked your article on the pros and cons of diary’s and electronic planners, you helped me make up my mind!
Good blog intro too.
Hi Ivan! I’m glad you enjoyed the post. Good luck in your planning!
Hi Andrea. Very nice to find you! You have a very clear and engaging writing style. I’ve recently started using Things 3 after having dismissed it years ago as lightweight. It’s great and your blog helps a LOT!
Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for stopping by. I’m glad you found value in my posts about Things 3!
I identify so much with what you are saying about technology being a tool that can help you be _more_ present rather than distract you.
I found you by searching about tags with things 3 btw! Great article.
Thanks for stopping by!